First Signal for Glenmutchkin
I have managed to finished (for now anyway, see below) the first bracket signal for the layout. So here are some pictures:
One error I did manage to include in the build was to make the holes in the balance levers, the crank elbows and the signal arms a tad to big for the operating wire I used. I used 12 gauge guitar wire and the slop that this creates in a 0.5mm hole is rather too much. 0.5mm drills were the smallest I had when I built this so I have invested in a stack of 0.4mm and 0.3mm from drillsuk (on ebay). Next time I will try these really small drills because the thin operating wire does look the part.
The effect of this is to allow the arms to slop too much and they will not be capable of being made to bounce properly. This signal will be in a cutting of the proposed layout, so I will have to replace the wire with something a bit thicker to overcome this.
You live and learn!
I am also having a bit of trouble with the MERG servo drivers; I may be cooking them with my power supply so this needs a bit of work too